Monday, May 9, 2011

What the Heck is Pre-pooing

Pre-Poo!?!? If you are like me, you could possibly feel overwhelmed with all the new healthy hair words and acronyms.  Pre-Poo is a strange word that I’d never heard before in my life but if it’s going to make my hair grow, then I had to learn everything I could about it.   So what the heck is pre-poo?

Pre-Poo is a short term for pre-shampoo and it’s a conditioning treatment that’s applied to the hair and scalp before you shampoo your hair.  Pre-pooing provides a barrier to protect your hair from the harsh elements in shampoo and leave your relaxed or natural hair stronger and softer. 

Pre-pooing should be practiced at least once a week  before shampooing.   You can buy a pre-shampoo hair treatment or simply mix your own by raiding your kitchen cabinet for a few key ingredients.  You will need a combination of oil and conditioner or moisturizer.

Simply mix and apply to your hair and scalp to leave for 30 minutes with or without heat.  Rinse, shampoo, condition and style.

There’s an unlimited combination of items that can be used as a pre-poo.  I’ll list both oils and conditioners or moisturizers that can be mixed for a pre-poo.

Oils  -  Avocado, Coconut, Castor, Olive      
Moisturizers or Conditioners – Honey, Molasses, Shae Butter, Conditioner

Have fun mixing and let me know how it turns out or if you have a pre-poo recipe that you would like to share with me.

Happy Hair Growth

RosieVelt

No comments:

Post a Comment