Monday, May 30, 2011

Confessions of an Almost Product Junkie




I started my healthy hair journey in May, 2010, mainly because I’d burnt the back row of my hair out with a straightening comb. After that, I started researching how to grow my hair back really fast, when I stumbled upon a world that I didn’t even know existed; a world with black women, who were growing their hair long and beautiful. I wanted my hair to be long and beautiful, so every product the women who I was looking at were using, I had to have it. Whether the product was good for my hair or not, I had to try it. I found myself getting caught up in the products that I had to have for my hair that I started to lose focus on what I really wanted, which was healthy hair. I was starting to use way too much product on my hair. When I detangled my hair after I washed, the comb was full of hair. I couldn’t understand why my hair was betraying me. I stepped back, reevaluated my regimen and figured that I was doing too much to my hair. I went back to the basics, clean hair and scalp, conditioned and moisturized hair that is sealed with oil, and low manipulation and protective styles. That’s enough!!! I’ve been back to the basics for about three weeks now and my hair is already doing much better. I have less hair in my comb when I detangle and my hair is starting to flourish. I’m glad that I came to my senses before I’d gone broke buying every product that I learned of. I will not be a product junkie.

No comments:

Post a Comment