Sunday, September 25, 2011
A life saver? Hum….Maybe not. But it can definitely make a bride’s wedding day, make a bad hair day better and even inspire you to be more creative with hair styles! It’s always lurking around in the bottom of your purse and hanging out in your bathroom drawers. It’s the hairpin!
The modern day hair pin is made when different lengths of wire are bent in half to form a u-shape, then a few kinks are placed along the two opposite sides to make the finished pin. The pin may vary from two to six inches in length, which helps with placement and to hold several different styles of hairstyles in place. The kinks helps to keep the pins secure during normal movements.
Hairpins are typically plain and unobtrusively colored but now some are decorated with beads or jewels on the bend to add beauty and flair to a hair style. Bobby pins are also elaborately decorated with jewels, beads and flowers, that makes any style look great!
Thank you to the person who invented this little life saver!
Friday, September 16, 2011
Cantu® shea butter Leave In Conditioning Repair Cream is made with real shea butter and essential oils to replace vital oil in your hair leaving it stronger and healthier with a natural shine.
Cantu® shea butter leave in conditioning repair cream can be used on wet hair as an intensive moisturizing treatment or to tame frizz and fly-aways.
Cantu® Shea Butter Leave In Conditioning Repair Cream helps…
- moisturize dry brittle hair with deep penetrating oil and emollients
- soften, detangle and add shine to hair
- protect hair against heat and sun styling damage
- provide extra protection from split ends and breakage
- Daily Styling – Apply to towel dried hair. Work a generous amount of product into hair beginning at the roots to the tips. Comb through for even distribution. Do not rinse. Apply more to longer hair at the ends or problem areas.
- Leave In Treatment – Apply as directed for “Daily Styling” just after shampooing. Re-apply and cover with a plastic cap overnight for maximum absorbtion and intensive conditioning.
- Frizz Free Hair – Apply daily to split ends or damaged areas. Comb through and let dry naturally.
Cost: $4.99 at Walgreens, Target, Fred's, Walmart
My Review: I heard about Cantu Shea Butter through many of the healthy hair websites and blogs. I read the claims of the condition and decided to give the product a whirl. I've been using Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Conditioning Repair Cream as a leave in and a moisturizer for several months now. I use the repair cream every night to moisturize my hair right before sealing with an oil and not only does this product smell great, it moisturizes my hair without a sticky build-up. The conditioner is light with a creamy consistency. The price is great at $4.99 and the 16 fluid ounce jar will last about a month, maybe a month and a half.