Monday, May 30, 2011

Stuffed Twists Tutorial

The mini-twists lasted for two weeks and I couldn’t take it anymore.  I didn’t use gel to do the twists so they started to unravel and frizz really bad.  Next time I’m going to make some flax seed gel and use that to twist my hair.  I’m sure they will last longer then.

I decided to go with another protective style for the week.  I chose the stuffed twists with a bun in the back.  This is a super easy style that you can do in less than two hours.  I will leave it in a week, so investing a couple of hours in my hair for the week isn’t too bad.

I washed, conditioned and moisturized my hair.  I two strand twisted my hair and allowed it to air dry while I was deciding what to do.  I went to the beauty store and bought four bags of the 99 cents braiding hair.  I think the stuffed twist look better with the cheap hair.

To do this style you want to start by placing a small pony tail in the back of your hair, this will serve as your base and is where you will start to pin your bun.  Part and gel a section of your hair.  Separate the weave and use a cigarette lighter to burn the hair right in the bend of the weave. Pressed the burned piece to form a point.  Use the burned piece at the start of your twist and then twist your hair over the weave. 

There you have it, a simple stuffed twist.   Twist the weave all the way to the end and it will coil, pin the end into the base pony tail and start with a new section.

Super simple!!!!
Ms. RosieVelt

No comments:

Post a Comment